Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion

Charming, witty, hilarious, and wonderfully executed; this novel is a must read for fans of The Big Bang Theory Television show. Don Tillman remained me so much of Sheldon Cooper and I love Sheldon from Big Bang. So this was a really enjoyable read for me. Rosie quickly became my favorite character. She was exactly what Don needed in his life. She was fun, she was, (please excuse language), bad-ass, and I can't give too much else away, but you will love Rosie. 

About: 

A  socially challenged genetics professor is on a quest to find the perfect wife. Thus begins the Wife Project. Armed with a questionnaire and high expectations, he goes out on many dates. He soon finds that his approach to love is all wrong. Then his friend Gene introduces him to Rosie Jarman, and all logic goes out the window. As she interrupts his daily scheduled with her quirkiness, flair for adventure and unruly ways. She teaches him how to live and helps him discover a world in which he thought closed to him. 



Review:  

I gave this novel 3 out of 5 stars. The reason being that, while the novel is funny, charming, witty, and wonderfully executed; I also found the novel to be poorly written. Once again, this was a problem of telling instead of showing. There was also a problem of there being way too much unnecessary information. A lot of the novel could have been scrapped and it would not have affected the story at all. Ultimately, I did get bored with the novel and had to force my way to the end. Spoiler Alert: I loved the jacket scene that takes place when they first meet. As well as, a few other hilarious situations that take place throughout the novel. And overall those helped me to make my way through the novel. Because if not for the humor, I would have stopped reading the book entirely. With that said, I would recommend this novel for anyone who loves reading and loves nerdy things. The second book in this series is The Rosie Effect. I will not be reading it, but  if you end up loving the first book than I do encourage you to read the second. 

Get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Rosie-Project-Novel-Graeme-Simsion/dp/1476729093/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479237301&sr=8-1&keywords=rosie+project      

As always, if you have a book you'd like to be reviewed, please leave a link to it in the comments and I'll consider it. I do not get paid for this. These reviews are simply my honest opinion. Thanks for reading. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment