Friday, April 22, 2016

Recommended Noteworthy Books

I'm looking for good book recommendations, where should I go?
Okay, so I search everywhere for book recommendations. And sometimes I get frustrated with what's being recommended. I might find one or two good recommendations like once every few months or so. I'm a very picky reader and I only like certain genres. A lot that gets recommended to me is like; YA fantasy, or YA in general. Which is fine. Except I don't read a lot of YA.

So I end up scouring a lot of social media sites, Youtube channels, Goodreads, Amazon, etc. And while all these places are great sources for seeking out recommendations, they often tend to be very time consuming. Not too many people have the time to sit there and go through site after site. So, it's very important to find one good source to go to where you can find recommendations.  

So what's a good source to use? Excellent question! Blogs are great places to find recommendations. Particularly, this blog. Book Palace Reviews is the blog to go to for reviews, and now recommendations! (Yay!) I've also found that having recommendations sent to your email is convenient. Unfortunately, you can't control the types of recommendations that you get. (I know it's so sad.) However, here's what you can do.  Make a list of your favorite genres and try to find a site that will give you the most recommendations for the genre you like. Amazon I know is good source for getting recommendations, as they give you recommendations based on books you've purchased with them. (Also, if you haven't already, get a Kindle, they're great! Maybe not as great as paper...but they are very nice to have.) Okay, so I've rambled on long enough. Let's go see some noteworthy books!

Recent finds: So, like I said I spend a lot of time searching for books. And I manged to find a few quite recently that I, myself will hopefully be reading soon. (THIS IS NOT a review of these books, I've not read any of them. This is a recommendation because I like the premise of these books.)

Yes, yes, yes! Amanda Sun has a new book! It will be coming out April 26th 2016. You can pre-order it now on Amazon. I'm super excited for this because I love her books.

About: Kali is heir to a kingdom of floating continents. A small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans. Being royalty, she has lived a life of certain limits. Including having limited choices and freedom as she is forced to be betrothal to the son of a nobleman. But when Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks and other terrifying creatures...

So you can read the rest of the description and pre-order this at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com 

Next is: The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen. This one is interesting...it was translated from Spanish to English in 2016 but originally this book was published in 2013. I think this version came out in the beginning of April.

About: A boy has lived underground, in a basement with his parents, grandmother, sister, and brother. Before he was born, his family was disfigured by a fire. His sister wears a white mask to cover her burns. He spends his hours with his cactus, reading his book on insects, or touching the one ray of sunlight that filters in through a crack in the ceiling.

 Ever since his sister had a baby, everyone’s been acting very strangely. The boy begins to wonder why they never say who the father is, about what happened before his own birth, about why they’re shut away. When a few fireflies come into the basement, the boy is inspired to escape his underground prison. Problem is, all the doors are locked. And he doesn’t know how to get out…

Order here: http://www.amazon.com/Light-Fireflies-Paul-Pen
Book is free for Kindle Unlimited users. 


Fantasy lovers will be overjoyed! The Nightblade epic trilogy by Garrett Robinson. This was published on August 4th of 2015 by Living Art Books. This book contains the whole trilogy. Nightblade, Mystic, and Darkfire. It has 1210 fantasy filled pages. 

About: I'm not going to give you the description for each book, because descriptions are too long and might ruin it. So go to amazon, buy the book, read it, and find out for yourself what it's all about. In a nutshell, the book is about a girl named; Loren, whom, has grown up in the forests of the kingdom of Selvan, raised by cruel parents who see her only as a burden to be married off as quickly as possible. Her adventure begins with a dream that drives her to escape from Birchwood with the wizard Xain. All she has are the clothes on her back, a bow for hunting—and a mysterious dagger at her hip. It is a blade the world has not seen in centuries, imbued with a great and deadly power—and it turns enemies to allies when she least expects it. Unsure who to trust, Loren faces danger and betrayal trying to save the life of an innocent merchant’s daughter. Her only hope is to find out who wants to help her and who wants to kill her, before either one of them succeeds.


You can read the rest of the descriptions and order it here: http://www.amazon.com/Nightblade-Epic-First-Trilogy-Box-ebook This book is free to Kindle Unlimited users.


This is the last one I will recommend for now. I'll have more recommendations very soon. The Rejected Writers' Book Club by Suzanne Kelman. This book was published March 29th 2016 by Lake Union Publishing. Contemporary fiction fans will love this one.

About: A group of woman get together and instead of doing the avenge, "book club." They decide to celebrate one another’s rejected manuscripts over cups of tea and slices of lemon cake. One day they receive bad news that could destroy one member’s reputation—and disband the group forever. To save the club, Janet joins her fellow writers on a wild road trip to San Francisco in search of the local publisher who holds the key to a long-buried secret.

This book is 274 pages and it's free to Kindle Unlimited Users. You can order it here: http://www.amazon.com/Rejected-Writers-Book-Club-Southlea-ebook 

Okay, that's all the recommendations I have right now, but keep checking Book Palace Reviews; I'm always keeping an eye out for great books and I will share them with you as soon as I know about them. I'll try to post at least one recommendation for every genre if possible. So, if you didn't find a book that you think you would like on this list, then just keep checking this blog. Also, let me know the genre you'd most want recommendations for, I'll try to find as many books as I can for those genres.

Don't forget to tell your friends about Book Palace Reviews. I'm always up for suggestions, so feel free to make comments and interact with us. If you have a book suggestion for a review, let me know. If you want your book reviewed leave me a link in the comments below. We appreciate each and every one of our readers so thank you so much. Happy Reading!   








No comments:

Post a Comment