Monday, November 7, 2016

Wings of Glass, Gina Holmes

Finished Wings of Glass by Gina Holmes. So I already voiced my opinions of this book and I'm not going to share those opinions here because they contain spoilers. But very briefly here's what I thought. The book overall was good. I enjoyed the story, characters were okay, subject matter was portrayed very well, ending was decent, holds interest wasn't boring, and pretty much the entire execution of the story was done nicely. Those are the positive things I can say about this story. The story itself deals with a heavy topic, it's about martial abuse or spousal abuse. I'm not going to say too much about that. So let's just get right into the
review.

About: 

Eighteen-year-old, Penny Carson, is swept off her feet by a handsome farmhand. Trent Taylor offers an escape from her one-stop-sign town. But before the ink even dries on their marriage certificate, he hits her for the first time.Thus starts the endless cycle of abuse. On the Job, Trent gets injured in a welding accident and his paycheck stops, he has no choice but to finally allow Penny to take a job cleaning houses. Here she meets two women from very different worlds who will teach her to live and laugh again, and lend her their backbones just long enough for her to find her own. (Description courtesy of Goodreads.) 

The Review: 

Okay, so I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. I already said all the positive stuff about the book so now here's the negative. In my opinion, I thought the book was poorly written. It did a lot of telling and not much showing. I found main character Penny to be annoying. I can't explain too much about why without giving away spoilers. I'll just say read the book for yourself and come up with your own conclusions. It is a heavy topic and very thought provoking. I liked that it does have information in the back of the book for abused victims so they can get that information. Again, everything was done very well in the book. If this is something you would find interesting a link to the book is below. Happy reading! 
  
Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Wings-Glass-Gina-Holmes-ebook/dp/B008PX1WQU/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1478537398&sr=8-1   

Spoiler review if interested: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16033233-wings-of-glass


No comments:

Post a Comment